…today many believe they not only have a “right” to a child but to the child they want.–The rights of children trump the rights to children.
The conception of children by a man and woman who are united in marriage is being bypassed today through the manufacturing of children as commodities for purchase by those who believe they have the right to a child. The child himself receives short shrift as no consideration is made of the emotional and spiritual impact of loss of identity on the child in not knowing his parental and familial lineage, and in being dehumanized as a product of science rather than a miracle of love. Nor are the ethics concerning the manufacturing and destruction of human embryos given weight. Here are links to posts, websites, and news and commentary on medically assisted procreation (MAP), in vitro fertilization (IVF), and surrogacy.
News & Commentary:
- What Are the Rights of Donor-Conceived People? Alana S. Newman, August 2, 2013
- The surrogacy business exposed, Kathleen Parker, May 28, 2013
- Louisiana: Our India of Surrogacy, Wesley J. Smith, May 25, 2013
- The Eugenic Egg Hunt, Wesley J. Smith, March 22, 2013
- From Marriage for All to Mirage for all: Towards the Manufacturing of Adoptable Children, Didier Maïsto, March 19, 2013
- India bans gay foreign couples from surrogacy, January 18, 2013
- The New Sexual Predators, Alana S. Newman, September 25, 2012
- Reproductive Technologies and the Quest For Immortality, Alana S. Newman, March 1, 2012
Thanks to Robert Lopez and Papa Mamam of English Manif for many of the links.
Mother with UPC code cropped from photograph at Parents: éleveurs de bourricots interchangeables? by Altana Otovic, Boulevard Voltaire, January 17, 2013.